Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Jyze Pro!

Dear people who have my same genetic pool (and the few of you who read this who don't, but wish you did):
Hello. My name is Hermana Rebecca Tingey and I'd like to introduce you to my new friend, jyze pro. It's the newest and grooviest way for missionaries to exercise in tight living conditions with or without an excercising-enthusiast for a companion. Complete with water-slide! In other words, do you think they could hire me when I get back to advertize for this awesome yo yo thing? haha where did you buy this? I actually really really like it. When I first took it out of the bag I was a pretty big doubter. Especially since I did what the paper said and couldn't get it to spin AT ALL. ouch. But then I played around with it for a while and finally got the hang of it and all of a sudden I was working out and barely even trying! haha Hermana Harry is totally jealous and I think she probably secretly uses it when i'm in the shower. (the only ten minutes we missionaries ever have to ourselves - what we do with them is our only secret!) No, I'm just kidding. I'm an incredibly gracious companion (is that how you spell gracious? gracias.) and let her use it whenever she wants. But i'm not going to lie, we kinda looked like the monkey-model-men on zoolander for a while while we tried to figure it out. but THANK YOU thank you thank you for it! and my arms thank you ask well.
okay now on to the important stuff: I loved talking to you guys on Sunday! I just wish we could have talked longer. But that's okay. You were probably bored of hearing my corny- weirdo- missionary stories in the first five minutes! But as a result, this e-mail is going to be pretty bummer. Not much has happened since Sunday. Aside from about fifty people contacted...and one dinner with the kid I saw in the bathroom. haha. nice. I don't know why but I feel like I know him really well...
We had a really good lesson with our investigator Angelica. or really bad if you're Hermana Harry. haha. She has been doing awesome but just won't come to church because she doesn't want to do something that will put a rift in between her and her husband. So yesterday we went to give her what I call the "do or die" lesson. We talked to her really seriously about spiritual progression and then asked how we can help her come to church. It was awesome because I didn't really know how to say what I wanted to say but once we got talking it all just kinda came out in the perfect way and she understood very clearly what we were trying to communicate. She said she'd talk to her hsuband and we're going to try to do a lesson with them and a couple from the ward, but other than that, if she doesn't come to church we can't keep coming to visit her. ugh! I love/hate lessons like that. I always walk out with a huge burden lifted off my chest - it's just good to get some stuff out on the table. But at the same time, I have really loved visiting her and I know she has a testimony! But we'll have to see. Hopefully her husband will see how much she wants to go and he'll take her. But hermana Harry was pretty distraught about it. It's weird being in a companionship because we both deal with things like that so differently. I think she was hoping to hang on to it a bit longer but I just felt like, hermana, she's just not that into us! that's what my mom taught me. so we'll see how into us she really is.
But you know what that means? Back to the streets. We've been knocking doors and trying old investigators from the area book so i'm sure we'll have some crazy stories for next week.
Take care this week and don't let any mexican men give you besos! I learned that the hard way! haha ugh. i'm still shuddering about it. sorry this e-mail is kinda lame. Better luck next time! haha love love love you all!
muah
love Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment