Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Cloverleaf!

Good Afternoon to the great void, and welcome to CLOVERLEAF! That is right, I've been transferred. After seven quick months in Broadway 2 Central I've now switched zones and everything and I'm working with Hermana Keele in Cloverleaf. And might I add, I couldn't be happier...thank goodness! But seriously. If President had come to me and asked me personally where I would like to go and who I would like to work with...this would have been it. So somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good. Hermana Warner is going to freak out! hahaha the only way this situation could get any better would be if she were here with us. Hermana Keele is from California, and this is her fourth transfer but her first transfer away from her trainer. She's hilarious, and a really good singer. Really sarcastic. pretty blunt too, and of course she's gorgeous. So that's good, because I'll be sitting across from her for hours at a time each morning. The area seems pretty cool but of course i've only been here a couple hours now. I do know that we have a walmart in the area so that's a good sign. We have a cute apartment with actual feminine touches here and there, as opposed to the apartment I flushed into after Elders. So that's a nice change. And it's pouring hot rain right now and I'm dead dog tired from staying up late last night to pack (seven months, you'd be suprised the nooks and crannies your stuff gets stuck in) so I'm sorry if this e-mail is subpar. Oh yeah, mom: it's a bike area. for the most part. Aside from the fact that we drive a malibu. (the first thing Hermana Keele said when I got it was, "tingey - it's just me, you , and the bu." haha) But I think we only have poquito miles. so bikes it is.

As for my last week in Broadway 2: It was a good one. Since it was the fifth sunday of the month, they had the ward missionaries do the program. So our Ward Mission Leader had all the recent converts either speak or give a testimony. Can you say pay day for Hermana Tingey? Oh my word. I was sitting in a little choir seat behind the piano trying desperately not to bawl like a baby. (i succeeded by the way! not one tear hit my cheeks. all in the eyes. So that means I have YET to bawl like a baby on the mission.) Claudia told the cutest story in her testimony of how one day she and her daughter Mariana were getting off the bus and her daughter stopped her and said, "Mom, this is my favorite spot right here." and her mom asked why and she said, "because right here is where we met the misioneras." Claudia isn't really open about her feelings but she was saying how she knew the church was true and that she has gone through so many changes since meeting us and she's so happy now. It was so good to hear it out loud, even though we've seen it in her all along. Then, as if that weren't enough, Noel gets up and gives a talk on the Holy Ghost that made him sound like he's been a member for twenty years! The ward was way impressed. Then, the bishop annouces that I'll be giving my testimony, along with Elder Ferguson, who was also being transferred (we found out sat. night.) So that was exciting! But it was fun to see some of the hermanas out in the congregation getting a little teary-eyed and realizing that they actually DO know who I am. haha no it was really hard to leave that ward. So many good experiences and it feels so unfinished to just get up and leave one day like that. But it was overall a really great experience.

We also had a woman come with us to church who was baptized in honduras but hasn't been in over fifteen years and she was here going through a divorce and feeling really alone and depressed and prayed asking God if he would help her and she opened the newspaper and found an ad for the finding faith in christ dvd, called the number, and the church sent us her information. Here's the catch, her phone got shut off like the day later so by the time we got the number it was disconnected, and she had been living at her friend's house but said not to meet her there because she wasn't a member of the church. So we finally decided to just chance the friend's house and they said she had moved out (the friend's kids opened the door) but that their mom wasn't home and they didn't know where she was. great. Well three weeks later we had gone by about five times and still coulnd't get any more info until FINALLY we found the friend, who gave us her new number and we FOUND her this past week and taught her and she came to church! She said she couldn't believe we had found her...she had been calling her friend and asking if we had come by. I can't believe we didn't give up, since she was a member and all. I thought she was long gone. But it was a really tender experience to meet with her. She said she had been going to her friend's church with her and thought about "accepting Christ" there, only she was worried because she just "didn't feel it in her heart" but when we walked in her apartment she said she felt something she hadn't felt in fifteen years. If that doesn't make the church true I don't know what will.

So I miss Hermana Warner but she's going to be great. spreading those little wings. She sang me all sorts of break up songs this morning. "waht about us, waht about everything we've been through..." haha but she's in a threesome! with my old companion hermana hansen and hermana cannon, who i came out to the field with and would love to serve with some day. So they'll have a party. seriously. This was a crazy transfer for the whole mission: 48 of 53 companionships changed, ten whitewashes. ahhh! We even got a new AP. So that's the thing. This transfer rocked our little missionary worlds. But that's alright. We'll be back at it proselyting by six, right? Anyways, I love you all, write me letters to my new address! take care!

Love Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment